- Veronica VeraWould abbey's foster parents approve of him sleeping with another person as long as there's protection or are they strict and don't want him to do that as a teenagerThey're not very strict, it's just a startling thing to have happened. They would be happy if Abbey wasn't an idiot about it.0 likes0 hitsAug 19, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraWhich couple do YOU prefer more, BCB aside? LUCYxJESS, or LUCYxPAULO (or LUCYxJESSxPAULO)? XD (by Dkitten4ever)jess doesn't like paulo though
I guess LucyxPaulo since its had the most chemistry whereas JessxLucy never really got much of a chance0 likes1 hitsAug 19, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraWhat color combinations do you do to get the fur colors for both Daisy and Sue? I remember you saying at least once that Daisy was tricky to do. (by Floweramon)I mix yellow, white, and a pinch of crimson red for Daisy's colour . I think I am finally able to ***ure it out.
There's a watercolour tube that has Sue's colour almost exactly, though I at times dab a bit of brown on it to dull it slightly.0 likes2 hitsAug 16, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraSi te hace sentir mejor el "Hi Im Daisy" me mato de riza la primera vez que lo vi... Fuera de tema ¿Todavía haces comisiones? (by LevitaOmnia)I still do commissions, though not often, I might take a while saying if I am able to (though I like discussing deadlines and taking money when I actually am able to get to it, like I'm working on one right now!!). They're very pricey and better to be talked about by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Haha glad the joke still remains with you0 likes0 hitsAug 15, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraWhile Daisy's cautiousness is good, and prevention is always the best course, what does daisy think of after morning pills? Or abortion? I mean, even with preparation she's not going to be 100% preg-proof. Or do you not want to touch those topics?She would have no problem using morning-after pills, but her feelings would really decide whether she wanted to abort and unwanted pregnancy or not. She's pro-abortion, but she might not use it.
She's sensible, she lets people do what they want but sometimes it might not be what she wants to do. At least the choice is there!0 likes1 hitsAug 15, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- He doesn't care for it.0 likes0 hitsAug 15, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraHave you ever been to Disney World? Because there is a bench that has vero was here written on it.I've been to Disney World! I wouldn't have written that haha, I don't really refer to myself as "Vero" very much, also I'm a goody-two-shoes and wouldn't write/graffiti locations >8U0 likes4 hitsAug 15, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraPermiteme hacer una referencia de QC "And then they all ******!" Daisy esta desesperada? o simplemente es estres por los "mid-terms" ? (by LevitaOmnia)teenagers get curious0 likes3 hitsAug 14, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Not really.
He's just not ******.0 likes0 hitsAug 13, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- CassandraI'm making a webcomic of my own, and I was wondering: do you do both the sketch and the lineart for pages of KiLA iLO on paper, or do you just do the sketch on paper then scan it in and do the lineart digitally? Also, do you have any advice for me on maki (by aaronanimated)I can't really advise you too specifically on this because there's no one right way to make a comic. I've done it both ways you mentioned in the past and currently I'm doing a traditional sketch and digital lineart, but you should experiment and find what works for you. It might be traditional sketch and lineart, it might be a digital sketch... you can ink a digital sketch digitally or print it and ink it... it's up to you. A great deal of that depends on how you plan to color, too.0 likes0 hitsAug 13, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- Abbey and Lily are the only ones that draw well, everyone else ranges from pretty alright to not really caring about it.0 likes1 hitsAug 13, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraI know you loathe fan characters, but how do you feel about characters drawn in your style? Say, like, BCBed my cat or something for funsies, but gave her no place in the story.Oh, that's perfectly fine! I think having pets BCBfied is adorable hahahah
I don't mind people having existing characters and doing it in the BCB style as long as it's a pre-existing character, not a character specifically to fit in the BCB world. And BCBfied pets are great.0 likes0 hitsAug 10, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- D HelmerHello. I want to tell you that I really like your comic "the meek". I know people asked you this before, but will you continue it? sorry if I bother you. P.S: sorry for the mistakes. (by laraidiart)Thanks for enjoying it! Yes, I will, but right now it is very hard for me to find time to update regularly and I dont want to start again unless I can do it for a while. I dislike very much only posting on page every few weeks when I can find time... it makes the comic quality much lower.0 likes0 hitsAug 10, 2013 | D Helmer of The_Meek
- You should learn some tact, but easier said than done I guess.0 likes0 hitsAug 10, 2013 | D Helmer of The_Meek
- Same as usual... absolutely awful0 likes0 hitsAug 10, 2013 | D Helmer of The_Meek
- Veronica VeraAre you guys going to be making a BCB app for Android users? I'm not sure if this has been asked before. (by gabbymart29995)http://www.formspring.me/Suit Case874/q/485356478048261045
It would cost thousands of dollars because Souppy is not an android user and would therefore have to hire someone who specialises in making android apps who can make it to Souppy's standard. It would also require him to purchase an android to test the app, just like he's purchased kindles and ipads in the past to test the BCB e-reader.
Smiling this because I've gotten this question many many times in various different sites so it would be cool to have a master post haha0 likes0 hitsAug 09, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraWow I always thought he was the type to wait, not like Paulo who just does it, though it is nice that he would wait for daisy's permission (by mytrolllife)Not every character is a goody-two-shoes hahaha, I mean yeah Abbey is a real goody goody but he's also a teenage boy.0 likes1 hitsAug 09, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraWould abbey actually sleep with daisy or is he the type to just wait for the future and stuff (by mytrolllife)He would do it if she wanted to.0 likes0 hitsAug 09, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- why do they need to be0 likes0 hitsAug 06, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraHello, sorry if this is not really the appropriate place to ask this, but where can i give feedback to BCB iphone app? Thanks ^_^ (by fistania)email@example.com likes0 hitsAug 06, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraFirst, I made this account just so i could ask you this so um sorry I love your Comic, and I also find your sense of humor hilarious. But i really think the plots are lost on your fans, from reading the comments i feel most of them are immature thoughts (by VictoriousVixen)uhh thanks
though this doesn't have a question ha0 likes1 hitsAug 05, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica Verahow crazy is it that you've updated 3 days\week and now 5 days\week for like 3 years or something never ever missing an update. how crazy is it that you went from hesitating to do proper panels to hesitating to do colour to hesitating to do traditional (by SuitCase874)and yet i still stagnate and could be a lot better0 likes0 hitsAug 04, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Yes0 likes0 hitsAug 03, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Maybe!0 likes0 hitsAug 03, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraHey Vero,I'd just really, really like to say that the last year has been kinda rough for me, but bcb has been the highlight of so many days, good or bad. Thank you so much, never forget how talented you are and how amazing you and your comic are. c:I'm so sorry to hear about how your year has been ;__; I really hope things pick up and get better for you, and I'm happy that the comic was able to help in some way! All the best0 likes0 hitsAug 03, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- I'm not a big fan of answering these kinds of questions (Generic "Give me a list of main cast!" questions) if I don't already have the answer in my head. I rather not force it.
Lucy likes mint chocolate and Daisy likes bubble gum (As well as Rachel), those are the only big official ones.0 likes0 hitsAug 03, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- i'm sure there's plenty of mutts
Katie and David aren't.
Rachel, Craig, Janet, various other background dogs could very well be mutts.0 likes0 hitsAug 02, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraI've been asking so many questions, and I could ask you on the chat but I GUESS THIS IS WHAT THIS IS FOR!! Did you take any sort of art classes? How did you learn to draw, just practice? Thanks again! (by Sirdavid2)I definitely prefer people asking me questions on formspring because I am not always on IRC, and don't mind people sending a lot of questions!
Though it would be really appreciated if you checked out my smiled list first since it's technically the FAQ and answers the question about learning to draw: http://www.formspring.me/taes hi/smiles
Regarding art classes: I went to COFA for a year and a half and that's the only time I took art classes other than one class in senior year and sophomore year in High School. I really lazed in the sophomore class so I didn't take advantage of it, but I did a lot of varied media in senior year (Designed a label, made a mask, etc).
COFA was weird because it was more for people who wanted to do fine art, like modern fine art you'd put in a museum so I wasn't necessarily drawing comics at all. There were a few anatomy classes I took advantage of though! It wasn't a wasted experience, it is one of the main reasons I decided to take up watercolours!
I'll smile at this because I've gotten art class questions before.0 likes0 hitsAug 02, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraHey you! I was wondering the other day, do the characters have accents? If so, what kind? Thanks! :D (by Verndari)Not well-versed in accents at all to be able to answer that, sorryyyy. I'm the worst at telling accents apart!
Though it seems to be a common headcanon for people to interpret Paulo with a New York accent.0 likes0 hitsAug 02, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraI'm very sorry if this has been answered, I checked the about page and didn't see. What breed is Rachel? She looks like a cocker spaniel a bit...Her breed is not officially said, there's a few characters with vague breeds haha0 likes0 hitsAug 01, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Not sure!!0 likes0 hitsJul 31, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraAlso, I saw one of the questions on what you regret with the comic. One of them you replied with "Not making the characters human". Just curious, why is this? The negativity of the furry fandom? Thanks again, you're the best :> (by Sirdavid2)Yeah, there's a lot of readers who don't even give the comic a chance because they seem bizarrely phobic of anything that makes them think of furries. Which is pretty depressingly petty.
Granted I'm sure it's the same for furries who don't wanna read about icky humans so it's lose-lose either way haha
I just feel sorta sad I'm associated with a community I didn't know existed back when I created the characters, and therefore the comic carries the stigma. Ahh well, I don't mind people from the community though! I just never thought about it.0 likes0 hitsJul 31, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Hmmmmmm............ maybe Biff Tannen.0 likes0 hitsJul 31, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- Veronica VeraDo you think that you'll one day make basic tutorials on how to draw, or how you do your steps of how you create the pages? Also I'm absolutely in love with your art style, and I love the on-going pages of the comic, superb work! (by Sirdavid2)Probably not, I don't feel I have anything of worth to contribute, there are far better tutorials for comics/drawing out there.
Thanks so much ;__; I don't mean to be all self-hating or whatever, I just don't know what I could say that hasn't already been said in better tutorials!0 likes0 hitsJul 31, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraDo you ever feel that some of community around the comic is a bit weird? I mean I look around the forums and there's some odd people that frequently pop up with eerie comments, stories and such. I apologize if this was rude in anyway, just my view, thanksAll communities have their odd fans, it's a kind of pointless thing to say unless you only visit communities that are super heavily moderated or you don't visit other communities at all.0 likes0 hitsJul 31, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraWhat kind of surgery was Abbey's mother getting before she ****? Did she *** during surgery, or was it just unsuccessful? (by MichelleGiraffe)She got hit in the head pretty bad, it was just complicated and she would have **** during surgery.0 likes0 hitsJul 30, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Carter is a stupid overrated unfunny character and people need to get over him. I'm not using him ever again.0 likes0 hitsJul 29, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Always getting robbed in TV, books and film. Wait... no. That's 1st National Bank problems.
Dealing with dirty looks from runners-up when awards are passed out! No, that's a 1st Place problem.
Hmm... not being able to spell the word 'restaurant' without having to think of both the Minotaur and ants? Does that count? o.O0 likes2 hitsJul 29, 2013 | Erik Amill of Biff the Vampire
- Rachel is technically minor.
Jessica and Rachel are fun!0 likes0 hitsJul 28, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraAbbey sigue siendo un personaje diseñado especificamente para algo? o ya se convirtió en un personaje dinámico como el resto de personajes principales? (by LevitaOmnia)His plot-relevance is still there, but he definitely is his own character now. He stands on his own and has his own feelings, etc. He no longer just feels like an angry Mike to me.0 likes0 hitsJul 27, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Ok0 likes0 hitsJul 27, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraI absolutely love all of the wallpapers in the app! They're all so amazing! Do you think you'll ever put more on there?I'm not sure! It was Souppy's idea, if I come up with a wallpaper idea I might do it, and if he wants to commission other artists or if they want to contribute, that's cool too0 likes0 hitsJul 26, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraDo people ever get on the bcb chat room anymore? Whenever I go on I don't see anyone else on and feel really awkward and then leave ;n;I am often semi-idling, but it does become active if people try to strike up conversations (Or if the right group is around, it was quite active just some time ago because several people and I were chatting)
though word of warning I tend to kick people when i notice them all "Why is it dead?!?!?!" because they may as well use the complaining to actually create activity
it's kind of a pet peeve haha0 likes0 hitsJul 26, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraIs it just me, or Augustus started to look much more younger than before? Did you change it on purpose? :) (by MsEnien)I guess it was unintentional, I must be making his eyes bigger haha0 likes1 hitsJul 24, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraWhat does it mean to pick your mouth? :o I've seen it a couple times in your diary comic (which I love, by the way!)Pulling bits off my lips :-[ For a time it actually traveled down and I picked bits off the underside of my lip, like right before it's normal skin.
Thank you!0 likes0 hitsJul 22, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraHey, in chapter 55 during the hall confrontation Mike makes a gibe at Lucy about what happened in chapter 53. It seems as though someone told him about it before the confrontation. How did he know?Paulo and Lucy clearly talk about the events in Another Shoulder right in front of Mike after Tess' outburst.0 likes0 hitsJul 21, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl
- Veronica VeraHey when you guys get settled you should do another house tour video! (Though perhaps with less coconut slurping.)hahahahahahaha
WHEN WE GET THE APARTMENT....1 likes1 hitsJul 21, 2013 | Veronica Vera of Bittersweet Candy Bowl