Just like you can't inherit your Mom's nose job, if Mom's a Djinn you get still get Mom's Sterling soul shell, just like she had when she was born.
That said, just like your Mom's drinking while pregnant can still have side effects, Mom being a Djinn causes a few side effects as well -- hence "Djinned" babies.0 likes0 hitsSep 18, 2013 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- CassandraI'm making a webcomic of my own, and I was wondering: do you do both the sketch and the lineart for pages of KiLA iLO on paper, or do you just do the sketch on paper then scan it in and do the lineart digitally? Also, do you have any advice for me on maki (by aaronanimated)I can't really advise you too specifically on this because there's no one right way to make a comic. I've done it both ways you mentioned in the past and currently I'm doing a traditional sketch and digital lineart, but you should experiment and find what works for you. It might be traditional sketch and lineart, it might be a digital sketch... you can ink a digital sketch digitally or print it and ink it... it's up to you. A great deal of that depends on how you plan to color, too.0 likes0 hitsAug 13, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- I'm pretty sure I have but I don't remember specifics.0 likes0 hitsJul 19, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- CassandraThink you will ever have figurines made of Kila or Ferris? I'd buy one if you did. (by crazyredemu)Well, I had a Patchtogether design up of Kila up here: http://www.patchtogether.com/ designs/kila-ilo-4942.html It looks like the site's down at the moment but when it's back you can vote for her if you'd like.
Apart from that, I really haven't looked into it enough to give you much of an answer besides "that would be cool"0 likes0 hitsJul 19, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- CassandraCould Kila or Ferris get fleas or worms? Or any earth parasites for that matter. (by crazyredemu)Lol, probably. Let's hope they manage to avoid such a fate...0 likes0 hitsJun 25, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- 0 likes0 hitsJun 24, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- 0 likes0 hitsJun 24, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- 0 likes0 hitsJun 24, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- Rachel KeslenskyCeligo seems like a pretty big deal - is that because it's Celeste-ruled, or is it the head of a big interplanetary union/empire, or what?Celigo is a big deal because of the Endless.
Prior to the Rise of Celigo, the Endless were the only unifying force of the Celeste -- what power the Celeste had was usually localized to different regions on various planets, with little to no coordination with Celeste on other worlds outside of the Endless providing a convenient out if any of these regions ended up in trouble or toppled (Extract Celeste, put 'em somewhere else, lather, rinse repeat). The Endless were still powerful -- the largest of the extraplanetary organizations, in fact -- but without a planet of their own they could only exert so much force on other worlds.
With the Rise of Celigo, the Endless found they could maintain much of their old influence on other worlds as well as that of Celigo's by leveraging the one major asset of the Endless, their large spacefaring astry (i.e. the Star Organization). Since the Star Org was self-sustaining without Celigo thanks to having various factions and recruitment points all across the Connection, Celigo can now support a much larger force than other worlds can sustain, which naturally threatens the balance between Celigo and these other worlds.
Whether you want to call them the Celigan Empire or the Endless Empire depends on how much you want to (de)moralize your troops.1 likes0 hitsJun 03, 2013 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Rachel KeslenskyIs Addy likely to get into trouble for getting her chest bared on cable television (on her homeworld)?That would require some concept of cable television on her homeworld first.1 likes16 hitsMay 30, 2013 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Well, he's got to show back up in the story first. Give it a few more months for Volume Two to come to a satisfactory conclusion and then it'll be more of a possibility.1 likes0 hitsMay 30, 2013 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- 0 likes0 hitsMay 29, 2013 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- If you're planning to become a zombie (not that you would...), you have to shatter prior to your death, so yes, she was already shattered prior to being shot dead.
Also, Slick would like to remind you that it was his kill, not Adharia's.0 likes0 hitsMay 29, 2013 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- I can take your name off the page if you ever want me to, just ask!0 likes0 hitsMar 23, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- Rachel KeslenskyIs there any chance of getting Last Res0rt webisodes? some potter puppet pals style flash even?There is SOME chance. Keep in mind, when I say "some", I mean it's in the same realm of possibility of me coding up an android app -- it becomes far more likely the more I get told I need to add some experience in it to my portfolio. The more I can break a task down into granular bits and pieces, the better.
(It may or may not help that J.P. (BugPudding) has a heap more experience at it than I do... helps that he knows what he's talking about and could teach me, doesn't help that he's probably a lot better at it than I'd be.)0 likes0 hitsJan 08, 2013 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- No idea, I expect there's a specific number of tweet load requests that can be sent to the server before displaying the message that no more can be loaded. I tend to find mine can go back maybe 3-6 hours depending on how active people in my feed have been. And that's about 775 people.
That said at times I've been able to load tweets that are a day or more old - so it may simply be a matter of process time that your requests get from the server based on how many requests it's processing at that time.1 likes10 hitsDec 26, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIDoes anyone know if it's possible to, first, FIND a copy of standalone Win 7 still, and second, overwrite a machine that has factory Win 8 with it? I do NOT want a Win 8 computer, but I DO want a new PC this winter--old one's slowing down badly. (by Chrysicat)I'd say check Amazon/Ebay - but you'll likely also still find copies of Win 7 on sites that sell computer components for self builds such as scan.co.uk.
As for installing it, I assume it's the same as with any previous version of windows - stick the Win 7 disc in, reboot the PC, choose to install Win 7 and format the old install. If you don't already have partitions set up on your hard drive I'd suggest that you create two - one for your windows install and the rest for your documents/programs. That way any time you need to reinstall your operating system you can avoid losing your docs/programs.1 likes10 hitsDec 26, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Inkoutbreak screwed up their login system. Supposedly you can just reset your password and get back in, or use the OpenID (facebook / twitter) logins.0 likes0 hitsDec 24, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Absolutely! Just go to the store and order one: http://lastres0rt.storenvy.co m/collections/112824-custom-art-commissions />
If you're interested in something else, you'll need to contact me directly so we can negotiate a price.0 likes0 hitsNov 19, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- ALVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIINNN!0 likes0 hitsNov 09, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- Rachel KeslenskyWould you rather cut off and eat your own legs (to survive) or die of starvation? (by alexds1)I'm pretty sure that, similar to drinking your own urine to survive, the added energy your body requires to continue past that point (assuming no improvement in the foreseeable future) makes it not worth it unless you're working to a literal deadline here.
Also, what about intermediary solutions like excising portions of the muscle / fatty tissue vs. just hacking indiscriminately?
I assume I'm waiting for a rescue squad in this scenario -- i.e. that my legs will not be necessary from this point in otherwise -- but I would suspect that I may as well preserve the skeletal structure as long as I can in the hopes that the muscles can be replaced when I'm rescued (through organ donation or regrowth), vs. skeletal structure (which can't).
If I'm not holding out hope for eventual rescue at this point, I can't imagine the added pain of amputation in exchange for a little more time alive is going to be worth it.0 likes0 hitsNov 04, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- It's limited by the power provided by the starter Djinn in the first place, unless (as hinted last question), you manage to 'upgrade' the artifact.0 likes0 hitsNov 04, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Rachel KeslenskyHow much harm does a Reaper need to do to power their focal artifact? What happens to a Reaper when their focal artifact runs out of power?A Reaper's Artifact is as powerful as it needs to be -- after that initial charge, it powers itself indefinitely.
However much damage it did last time is enough for it to inflict that damage again, making the Artifact a perpetual motion (er, pain?) machine, with one notable exception: you can't make an Artifact LESS powerful...0 likes0 hitsNov 04, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- No. They can't perform magic, either. :-p0 likes0 hitsNov 04, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- You need organic material to bind a soul to. If you can make a robot out of organic material (i.e. a cyborg of some variety), then it can have a soul.0 likes0 hitsOct 30, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- ... aren't we most of the way through this year? Why now?0 likes0 hitsOct 30, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- A lot of it comes down to which ones I can answer right then (some of them are weird and take a little time to think up a sensible answer), some are duplicates (so I'll answer whichever one looks like the better version, and delete the other), which are currently relevant to the action in the story, and basically whether or not I feel like it right then.
I try to space out answers, though.0 likes0 hitsOct 29, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
Zombies are the stable, "fail-safe" form for anyone who Shatters but doesn't manage to become a Djinn before they die. It's not reversible.0 likes0 hitsOct 29, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Beardedness is an odd trait to select for, and no one "fuzzy" race is 100% bearded or 100% beard-free.
And yes, we have a few bearded ladies among our races as well -- one of those races, ironically enough, is the Vidian. (It's usually limited to some impressive sideburns, though).0 likes0 hitsOct 28, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Rachel KeslenskyThe Talmi are mostly Jewish. Does this mean that there is some anti-Talmi sentiment amongst far right political groups? (by lavabat)Definitely, but it's not so much about being Jewish as it is all the other aspects about Talmi that they find unsettling -- a liberated slave race that's anti-Celeste / anti-Endless is terrifying, no matter what religion it is.
Worth note that what passes for "political" lines has morphed a bit over the millenia, though...1 likes0 hitsOct 25, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Rachel KeslenskyThose Kendill things in the comic, do the little snake heads in their hair have a different personality from the big head?They tend to have tangents of the main personality that they maintain over time -- but they're not going to behave in ways that completely counter that original personality.0 likes0 hitsOct 17, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- I should try it again, but it's just not as fun if I have to stream silently...0 likes0 hitsOct 16, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- I don't see the ads on SmackJeeves because I'm always logged in to my account, so I don't really know what you mean.0 likes0 hitsOct 16, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- CassandraWhat's that around Kila's right middle finger, I wonder. If there's anything I've learned about this comic, it's that there is no such thing as an insignificant detail.That's actually treatment for her injured hand: http://theworldisyours.smackj eeves.com/comics/1526786/thunk/
According to my sources, erm, my sources discovered through the magical oracle of Google, the appropriate treatment for a broken knuckle is to tape it to the neighboring finger (although Kila is proooobably not getting much benefit out of the treatment because she's moving her hand around a lot).
When I was a little kid watching Saturday morning cartoons it always bugged the heck out of me when you'd see a character all wound up in casts after some kind of slapstick moment and they'd be healed in the next shot... so the tape is there to maintain continuity.0 likes0 hitsOct 15, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- CassandraDoes Kila actually not remember the box, is she lying deliberately, or did she get mind controlled in panel 8?I REVEAL NOTHING0 likes0 hitsOct 15, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- CassandraIf you hold the mouse over this one, it says that this is what passes as her wit, and that's why she keeps her mouth shut most of the time, but I liked the remark "Are you a troubled man?" That made me laugh.Haha, Kila will be flattered.0 likes0 hitsOct 13, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- I can speak a little French, probably not enough to hold a full conversation though.0 likes0 hitsOct 03, 2012 | T III of Fera
- CassandraDoes Jesmaine just never ever cut her hair? If so, is it because she's afraid barbers will cut off her antennae?Jesmaine is considered much taller than average for a woman of her species. She is hoping that if she has insanely long hair, it will somehow distract from her tallness.0 likes0 hitsSep 27, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- T IIIDon't you miss the days when MTV was actually "Music Television" and not "Messed-Up Television" (by XzTS)I guess, in a slightly removed way. I never actually watched MTV, it wasn't until I was in University that we even had cable tv. We had Sky tv for a couple months in the early 90s, around the time when I was mostly watching Bucky O'Hare. Other than that we just had regular terrestrial tv.0 likes2 hitsSep 24, 2012 | T III of Fera
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 ... 33 Next »