- I can take your name off the page if you ever want me to, just ask!0 likes0 hitsMar 23, 2013 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- Rachel KeslenskyIs there any chance of getting Last Res0rt webisodes? some potter puppet pals style flash even?There is SOME chance. Keep in mind, when I say "some", I mean it's in the same realm of possibility of me coding up an android app -- it becomes far more likely the more I get told I need to add some experience in it to my portfolio. The more I can break a task down into granular bits and pieces, the better.
(It may or may not help that J.P. (BugPudding) has a heap more experience at it than I do... helps that he knows what he's talking about and could teach me, doesn't help that he's probably a lot better at it than I'd be.)0 likes0 hitsJan 08, 2013 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- No idea, I expect there's a specific number of tweet load requests that can be sent to the server before displaying the message that no more can be loaded. I tend to find mine can go back maybe 3-6 hours depending on how active people in my feed have been. And that's about 775 people.
That said at times I've been able to load tweets that are a day or more old - so it may simply be a matter of process time that your requests get from the server based on how many requests it's processing at that time.1 likes8 hitsDec 26, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIDoes anyone know if it's possible to, first, FIND a copy of standalone Win 7 still, and second, overwrite a machine that has factory Win 8 with it? I do NOT want a Win 8 computer, but I DO want a new PC this winter--old one's slowing down badly. (by Chrysicat)I'd say check Amazon/Ebay - but you'll likely also still find copies of Win 7 on sites that sell computer components for self builds such as scan.co.uk.
As for installing it, I assume it's the same as with any previous version of windows - stick the Win 7 disc in, reboot the PC, choose to install Win 7 and format the old install. If you don't already have partitions set up on your hard drive I'd suggest that you create two - one for your windows install and the rest for your documents/programs. That way any time you need to reinstall your operating system you can avoid losing your docs/programs.1 likes7 hitsDec 26, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Inkoutbreak screwed up their login system. Supposedly you can just reset your password and get back in, or use the OpenID (facebook / twitter) logins.0 likes0 hitsDec 24, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Absolutely! Just go to the store and order one: http://lastres0rt.storenvy.co m/collections/112824-custom-art-commissions />
If you're interested in something else, you'll need to contact me directly so we can negotiate a price.0 likes0 hitsNov 19, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- ALVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIINNN!0 likes0 hitsNov 09, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- Rachel KeslenskyWould you rather cut off and eat your own legs (to survive) or die of starvation? (by alexds1)I'm pretty sure that, similar to drinking your own urine to survive, the added energy your body requires to continue past that point (assuming no improvement in the foreseeable future) makes it not worth it unless you're working to a literal deadline here.
Also, what about intermediary solutions like excising portions of the muscle / fatty tissue vs. just hacking indiscriminately?
I assume I'm waiting for a rescue squad in this scenario -- i.e. that my legs will not be necessary from this point in otherwise -- but I would suspect that I may as well preserve the skeletal structure as long as I can in the hopes that the muscles can be replaced when I'm rescued (through organ donation or regrowth), vs. skeletal structure (which can't).
If I'm not holding out hope for eventual rescue at this point, I can't imagine the added pain of amputation in exchange for a little more time alive is going to be worth it.0 likes0 hitsNov 04, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- It's limited by the power provided by the starter Djinn in the first place, unless (as hinted last question), you manage to 'upgrade' the artifact.0 likes0 hitsNov 04, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Rachel KeslenskyHow much harm does a Reaper need to do to power their focal artifact? What happens to a Reaper when their focal artifact runs out of power?A Reaper's Artifact is as powerful as it needs to be -- after that initial charge, it powers itself indefinitely.
However much damage it did last time is enough for it to inflict that damage again, making the Artifact a perpetual motion (er, pain?) machine, with one notable exception: you can't make an Artifact LESS powerful...0 likes0 hitsNov 04, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- No. They can't perform magic, either. :-p0 likes0 hitsNov 04, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- You need organic material to bind a soul to. If you can make a robot out of organic material (i.e. a cyborg of some variety), then it can have a soul.0 likes0 hitsOct 30, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- ... aren't we most of the way through this year? Why now?0 likes0 hitsOct 30, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- A lot of it comes down to which ones I can answer right then (some of them are weird and take a little time to think up a sensible answer), some are duplicates (so I'll answer whichever one looks like the better version, and delete the other), which are currently relevant to the action in the story, and basically whether or not I feel like it right then.
I try to space out answers, though.0 likes0 hitsOct 29, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
Zombies are the stable, "fail-safe" form for anyone who Shatters but doesn't manage to become a Djinn before they die. It's not reversible.0 likes0 hitsOct 29, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Beardedness is an odd trait to select for, and no one "fuzzy" race is 100% bearded or 100% beard-free.
And yes, we have a few bearded ladies among our races as well -- one of those races, ironically enough, is the Vidian. (It's usually limited to some impressive sideburns, though).0 likes0 hitsOct 28, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Rachel KeslenskyThe Talmi are mostly Jewish. Does this mean that there is some anti-Talmi sentiment amongst far right political groups? (by lavabat)Definitely, but it's not so much about being Jewish as it is all the other aspects about Talmi that they find unsettling -- a liberated slave race that's anti-Celeste / anti-Endless is terrifying, no matter what religion it is.
Worth note that what passes for "political" lines has morphed a bit over the millenia, though...1 likes0 hitsOct 25, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- Rachel KeslenskyThose Kendill things in the comic, do the little snake heads in their hair have a different personality from the big head?They tend to have tangents of the main personality that they maintain over time -- but they're not going to behave in ways that completely counter that original personality.0 likes0 hitsOct 17, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- I should try it again, but it's just not as fun if I have to stream silently...0 likes0 hitsOct 16, 2012 | Rachel Keslensky of Last Res0rt
- I don't see the ads on SmackJeeves because I'm always logged in to my account, so I don't really know what you mean.0 likes0 hitsOct 16, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- CassandraWhat's that around Kila's right middle finger, I wonder. If there's anything I've learned about this comic, it's that there is no such thing as an insignificant detail.That's actually treatment for her injured hand: http://theworldisyours.smackj eeves.com/comics/1526786/thunk/
According to my sources, erm, my sources discovered through the magical oracle of Google, the appropriate treatment for a broken knuckle is to tape it to the neighboring finger (although Kila is proooobably not getting much benefit out of the treatment because she's moving her hand around a lot).
When I was a little kid watching Saturday morning cartoons it always bugged the heck out of me when you'd see a character all wound up in casts after some kind of slapstick moment and they'd be healed in the next shot... so the tape is there to maintain continuity.0 likes0 hitsOct 15, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- CassandraDoes Kila actually not remember the box, is she lying deliberately, or did she get mind controlled in panel 8?I REVEAL NOTHING0 likes0 hitsOct 15, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- CassandraIf you hold the mouse over this one, it says that this is what passes as her wit, and that's why she keeps her mouth shut most of the time, but I liked the remark "Are you a troubled man?" That made me laugh.Haha, Kila will be flattered.0 likes0 hitsOct 13, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- I can speak a little French, probably not enough to hold a full conversation though.0 likes0 hitsOct 03, 2012 | T III of Fera
- CassandraDoes Jesmaine just never ever cut her hair? If so, is it because she's afraid barbers will cut off her antennae?Jesmaine is considered much taller than average for a woman of her species. She is hoping that if she has insanely long hair, it will somehow distract from her tallness.0 likes0 hitsSep 27, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- T IIIDon't you miss the days when MTV was actually "Music Television" and not "Messed-Up Television" (by XzTS)I guess, in a slightly removed way. I never actually watched MTV, it wasn't until I was in University that we even had cable tv. We had Sky tv for a couple months in the early 90s, around the time when I was mostly watching Bucky O'Hare. Other than that we just had regular terrestrial tv.0 likes0 hitsSep 24, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIWhat's the strangest effect of the combination of your native accent and where you live? For me, it's that half the people in my area think I'm naming 'L' when I'm naming 'O'. Considering that my RL last name has those two letters together, that's a pain. (by Chrysicat)I've always lived in the same area so my accent and location are very similar. Though I often get told that I sound Scottish to a lot of people (even locally). Although when I've visited Paris in the past I've been told that a northern English accent sounds German to them.0 likes0 hitsSep 24, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIThis is prolly gonna come off like I'm a hypochondriac or somethin, but have you ever heard of anything _not_ capital-b BAD that involves tenderness 2 touch outside your ribs about an inch below your breasts, on your very furthest sides? Asked in panic... (by Chrysicat)Sounds more like a muscular spasm or you've pulled something. Either that or you've bruised your ribs somehow. Although if it's just below your breasts it could possibly be caused by an ill fitting bra I guess. If it's severe pain though you may want to get checked out just in case, although it doesn't sound as though it's anything too serious from your description.0 likes0 hitsSep 17, 2012 | T III of Fera
- I honestly don't think I could eat my own legs - I'd also expect there wouldn't be that much "good eating" on legs of all things. That and the fact that doing so would potentially cause death in a lot of other unpleasant ways, but with the additional pain of wounds and a lack of legs. So, eating your own legs would not only result in eventual starvation (assuming you run out of body parts to eat), but also dying from blood loss, infection, and even possibly from exhaustion and pain.0 likes0 hitsSep 17, 2012 | T III of Fera
- CassandraKila... I want to hug you so very much. You need it. I hereby purchase a planet just for you and Teeny.Kila is very grateful.0 likes0 hitsSep 16, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
- A few people have claimed that I do. Or at least I did when I was much younger. I sang at events and for fun a lot until 1997, when my gran passed away my drive to sing seemed to fade as well. I do still sing occasionally, I have been known to sing to Donna, and I do sing in the shower, or when I think no ones listening. But my voice isn't as trained as it once was, and I find that there are only a few songs that I can comfortably sing well.1 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- All of them. I know an awful lot of talented people, and I don't think there's anyone in this world who isn't talented in some way. I've been lucky enough to work with and become good friends with a quite a few people that I consider to be incredibly talented but I don't think any one of them is more talented than any other.1 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Recently I've been considering blue. I'm honestly not sure though, I'm not really one for hair dye and I've never done it before. I do really want to do something different with my hair, I'd want to keep the same length, but I just feel like changing it a little. No idea how as yet.1 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Very much so. It doesn't seem to bother me with flying though - I think it's simply the height involved becomes abstract enough that it's no longer an issue. I have been known to pass out when perhaps 8ft off the ground. I also spent the entirety of a circuit on the London Eye gripping the central seating area and being unable to move. Similarly with Blackpool tower. The latter of course also not being helped by my (usually mild) phobia of elevators.1 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- I'm not sure on closest, though I have been in a car crash and for a long time I had severe asthma attacks. Other than that and some surgery as a kid the most I've ever done is sprain an arm or ankle. I've been on one roller coaster ever, under duress, and hated every second of it- never again. Oh, I have vertigo and once fell off of an 8ft fence as a result of passing out, no injuries to speak of though.0 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIAt first I thought it was thundering out there, but some idiot about 5 or 6 miles away is constangly setting off fireworks! Who the hell does that for _Labor Day_?!? (by Chrysicat)Americans and their strange festivals/holidays. I never really understood the whole Labor Day thing. Even the spelling is a little off.0 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Neither, I'm often told by family members that I resemble my mams' mam. Apparently I take more after the Howe side of the family. Greatest compliment I've ever been given was a member of my dads side of the family saying that I didn't look like a Shirley.0 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- At least once a day.0 likes0 hitsAug 31, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIDid you know Train was still together? I sure didn't until I heard their song "Drive By" on XM this morning... (by Chrysicat)I've heard a couple of their songs, not a band that I ever cared for or followed though so I doubt I'd really recognise much of their stuff without being told it was them.0 likes0 hitsAug 31, 2012 | T III of Fera
- At the moment it's probably "Love You Madly" by Cake. It's the only one on my current playlist that I'd consider a "feel-good" song and there's just something fun about a nice funk-esque bass line.
Others on my current playlist that might qualify would be; "The Joker/Everything I Own" (the version from Happy Feet), "Reet Petite" by Jackie Wilson, "Say It Again" by Jermaine Stewart, "Wasted" by L.P., "Rasputin" by Boney M. , "A Little Respect" by Erasure, "Throw The 'R' Away" by The Proclaimers.0 likes0 hitsAug 31, 2012 | T III of Fera
- CassandraIs your Livestream still active? If it is, is there any way you could make it accessible on mobile devices? (If it's not already. I may just be doing something wrong. :P) (by aaronanimated)I don't Livestream too often anymore and if I did, I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to change its mobile-device-availability :(0 likes0 hitsAug 26, 2012 | Cassandra of KiLA iLO
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 ... 33 Next »