- No idea, I expect there's a specific number of tweet load requests that can be sent to the server before displaying the message that no more can be loaded. I tend to find mine can go back maybe 3-6 hours depending on how active people in my feed have been. And that's about 775 people.
That said at times I've been able to load tweets that are a day or more old - so it may simply be a matter of process time that your requests get from the server based on how many requests it's processing at that time.1 likes10 hitsDec 26, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIDoes anyone know if it's possible to, first, FIND a copy of standalone Win 7 still, and second, overwrite a machine that has factory Win 8 with it? I do NOT want a Win 8 computer, but I DO want a new PC this winter--old one's slowing down badly. (by Chrysicat)I'd say check Amazon/Ebay - but you'll likely also still find copies of Win 7 on sites that sell computer components for self builds such as scan.co.uk.
As for installing it, I assume it's the same as with any previous version of windows - stick the Win 7 disc in, reboot the PC, choose to install Win 7 and format the old install. If you don't already have partitions set up on your hard drive I'd suggest that you create two - one for your windows install and the rest for your documents/programs. That way any time you need to reinstall your operating system you can avoid losing your docs/programs.1 likes10 hitsDec 26, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Thomas D. SzewcDo you have a donate tab on your comic? Cause if so, I couldn't find it. (by brotonamobay)There used to be on the old website, but when I launched the new one I left it off because I heard there had been issues with using Paypal's donation system in that manner. I need to look into my options though, I'd like to have something.
Preferably I'd like to offer pay for pin-ups and bonus comics instead of just having a "tip jar" though.0 likes0 hitsDec 04, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- Thomas D. SzewcSo If I've gather correctly,you're a English major, what would say to convince someone that degree is worth while? (by brotonamobay)Honestly, I'm not sure I would, unless they wanted to be a substitute teacher.
However, I will say what I learned from all those English classes in college has been incredibly valuable to my creative and business writing today. So I guess I would say an English degree is helpful if you like to write, but if you're looking to build a career off of it, more likely than not you'll be quite disappointed.0 likes0 hitsNov 19, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
No, in all seriousness, I either step away and doing something else for a while, discuss it with a close confidant and see if they create any sparks in my mind, or I move on to a different creative endeavor for a little while. That's always sorted itself out.
Best advice I ever heard was that writer's block isn't a lack if ideas. You have plenty of ideas, they're easy. Writer's block is the lack of the best execution of an idea.0 likes0 hitsNov 19, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- "Dark Shadows," because I got violently ill during the movie .....and because it sucked.0 likes0 hitsNov 06, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- Thomas D. SzewcHave you gotten any religious and/or moral objections to the content of your comic? (by brotonamobay)Believe it or not, for a comic that talks about the adult film industry a lot, and has discussed religion now and again, no, not really. The closest I've gotten is people saying they don't agree with Sadia or Desirae's view towards nudity and/ or sex. But not in a negative way towards the comic. Just disagreeing with their personal ideals. Though some people came back at Sadia in a pretty negative light.0 likes0 hitsNov 06, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- I can speak a little French, probably not enough to hold a full conversation though.0 likes0 hitsOct 03, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIDon't you miss the days when MTV was actually "Music Television" and not "Messed-Up Television" (by XzTS)I guess, in a slightly removed way. I never actually watched MTV, it wasn't until I was in University that we even had cable tv. We had Sky tv for a couple months in the early 90s, around the time when I was mostly watching Bucky O'Hare. Other than that we just had regular terrestrial tv.0 likes0 hitsSep 24, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIWhat's the strangest effect of the combination of your native accent and where you live? For me, it's that half the people in my area think I'm naming 'L' when I'm naming 'O'. Considering that my RL last name has those two letters together, that's a pain. (by Chrysicat)I've always lived in the same area so my accent and location are very similar. Though I often get told that I sound Scottish to a lot of people (even locally). Although when I've visited Paris in the past I've been told that a northern English accent sounds German to them.0 likes0 hitsSep 24, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIThis is prolly gonna come off like I'm a hypochondriac or somethin, but have you ever heard of anything _not_ capital-b BAD that involves tenderness 2 touch outside your ribs about an inch below your breasts, on your very furthest sides? Asked in panic... (by Chrysicat)Sounds more like a muscular spasm or you've pulled something. Either that or you've bruised your ribs somehow. Although if it's just below your breasts it could possibly be caused by an ill fitting bra I guess. If it's severe pain though you may want to get checked out just in case, although it doesn't sound as though it's anything too serious from your description.0 likes0 hitsSep 17, 2012 | T III of Fera
- I honestly don't think I could eat my own legs - I'd also expect there wouldn't be that much "good eating" on legs of all things. That and the fact that doing so would potentially cause death in a lot of other unpleasant ways, but with the additional pain of wounds and a lack of legs. So, eating your own legs would not only result in eventual starvation (assuming you run out of body parts to eat), but also dying from blood loss, infection, and even possibly from exhaustion and pain.0 likes0 hitsSep 17, 2012 | T III of Fera
- A few people have claimed that I do. Or at least I did when I was much younger. I sang at events and for fun a lot until 1997, when my gran passed away my drive to sing seemed to fade as well. I do still sing occasionally, I have been known to sing to Donna, and I do sing in the shower, or when I think no ones listening. But my voice isn't as trained as it once was, and I find that there are only a few songs that I can comfortably sing well.1 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- All of them. I know an awful lot of talented people, and I don't think there's anyone in this world who isn't talented in some way. I've been lucky enough to work with and become good friends with a quite a few people that I consider to be incredibly talented but I don't think any one of them is more talented than any other.1 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Recently I've been considering blue. I'm honestly not sure though, I'm not really one for hair dye and I've never done it before. I do really want to do something different with my hair, I'd want to keep the same length, but I just feel like changing it a little. No idea how as yet.1 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Very much so. It doesn't seem to bother me with flying though - I think it's simply the height involved becomes abstract enough that it's no longer an issue. I have been known to pass out when perhaps 8ft off the ground. I also spent the entirety of a circuit on the London Eye gripping the central seating area and being unable to move. Similarly with Blackpool tower. The latter of course also not being helped by my (usually mild) phobia of elevators.1 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- I'm not sure on closest, though I have been in a car crash and for a long time I had severe asthma attacks. Other than that and some surgery as a kid the most I've ever done is sprain an arm or ankle. I've been on one roller coaster ever, under duress, and hated every second of it- never again. Oh, I have vertigo and once fell off of an 8ft fence as a result of passing out, no injuries to speak of though.0 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIAt first I thought it was thundering out there, but some idiot about 5 or 6 miles away is constangly setting off fireworks! Who the hell does that for _Labor Day_?!? (by Chrysicat)Americans and their strange festivals/holidays. I never really understood the whole Labor Day thing. Even the spelling is a little off.0 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Neither, I'm often told by family members that I resemble my mams' mam. Apparently I take more after the Howe side of the family. Greatest compliment I've ever been given was a member of my dads side of the family saying that I didn't look like a Shirley.0 likes0 hitsSep 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- At least once a day.0 likes0 hitsAug 31, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIDid you know Train was still together? I sure didn't until I heard their song "Drive By" on XM this morning... (by Chrysicat)I've heard a couple of their songs, not a band that I ever cared for or followed though so I doubt I'd really recognise much of their stuff without being told it was them.0 likes0 hitsAug 31, 2012 | T III of Fera
- At the moment it's probably "Love You Madly" by Cake. It's the only one on my current playlist that I'd consider a "feel-good" song and there's just something fun about a nice funk-esque bass line.
Others on my current playlist that might qualify would be; "The Joker/Everything I Own" (the version from Happy Feet), "Reet Petite" by Jackie Wilson, "Say It Again" by Jermaine Stewart, "Wasted" by L.P., "Rasputin" by Boney M. , "A Little Respect" by Erasure, "Throw The 'R' Away" by The Proclaimers.0 likes0 hitsAug 31, 2012 | T III of Fera
- No, and not only because it'd be a con since I'm not a US citizen and therefore wouldn't be eligible.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Deadpool declaring that his brain has failed him.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- If it's on the phone I prefer texting. Mostly because I feel really uncomfortable around phones, and get self conscious when talking on them.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIHow do you manage to fall asleep? Counting sheep? Warm milk? Meditation? Taking enough drugs to knock out an elephant? (by Ginpu)Usually I don't get to sleep until really late, sometimes it's starting to get light outside before I fall asleep. Generally, a cup of tea helps, beyond that it's a matter of focusing what I'm thinking about to one thing in order to stop my mind wandering.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Nope, though it is nice. I prefer nutmeg though.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIWhy do we stall when we know we should be heading to bed even though we missed dinner and haven't had our dessert yet and we still haven't watched any anime today?!?!??? (by Ginpu)Have you been stalking me again? Although I have to admit I have recently tried watching Sailor Moon for the first time... I only got a few episodes in, then ended up watching Card Captors and Monk instead.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- More is always good.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIWhat makes you happier longer? Watching a good film with family/friends or a brand new article of clothing from a designer? (by Ginpu)A good film with family/friends. I don't think I've ever found an item of clothing that made me "happy". My approach to buying clothes is simply: 1) Is it black? 2) Is it comfortable/practical? 3) Can I buy a few of them and will they last? 4) Right, can I go look at the books now?
Seriously, my wardrobe is a series of identical sets of clothing. I tend to only buy new clothes for special occasions, or if even I don't believe myself any more when I say "well, it used to be black". I'm not kidding either, the jumpers that I wear when its cold were bought in 2001 as part of my school uniform for my final year.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Eyes. I have no idea why, I just like drawing them. It's also what I tend to doodle to test out a pen, or new brush. I find it's a simple thing to draw that allows you to see how the pen/brush handles motions and line weight.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIIf I were to come to your house right now and make you a sandwich, what kind of sandwich would you like? (by pinkbatmax)Not sure, my usual choice is either; corned beef, onion, and English mustard, OR turkey and coleslaw. Though when I want to treat myself I occasionally buy a savoury sandwich with the top dipped in gravy from the local butchers.
For those who don't know a savoury sandwich is pretty much the butchers scrap meat inc. bits of saveloys, pork, beef, turkey... usually with mustard, sage and onion stuffing, pease pudding, and crackling.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIWhat is the best thing you've done related to comics recently, be it reading/writing/drawing/coloring/networking/selling/whatever? Share happy things! Be proud! (by chrispco)I'm currently doing the last bit of editing on my latest comic (The Editors) before sending it to the printers. I've done a load of conventions this year, all of which have been great fun. I'm going to be working on two new comics starting next week - the 3rd issue of Fera, and a series that will feature three short stories per issue (first one being horror/supernatural themed). Oh and I'm working on some new childrens comics that I'm putting scripts together for.
Did I mention I'm also going to be hosting a comic series produced by a few friends of mine, and upgrading the website to include an online shop and a more flattering appearance?0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIWould you kill another human being via an anonymous "Kill" button for a million bucks? (like, you press it and a random person drops dead as a direct result of you pushing that button, then you get $1M in your bank acct). More than 1M? Less? Never ever? (by alexds1)Nope. For both moral reasons and that I've read/seen enough narratives with that premise to know it always ends badly.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me0 likes0 hitsAug 07, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- Thomas D. SzewcWhat is the best thing you've done related to comics recently, be it reading/writing/drawing/coloring/networking/selling/whatever? Share happy things! Be proud! (by chrispco)I gave the world Sadia and Florence. Ya welcome! ;D
That's a really good question actually. I'm not sure how to answer it. Perhaps for me personally is getting my own home office to draw comics in. I no longer draw comics in the same room I sleep, watch DVDs, or play video games in, and I feel that will be beneficial to AIAC's production, and make it a stronger property in the end for the readers.0 likes0 hitsAug 07, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- The Mutant from "This Island Earth" ;P0 likes0 hitsAug 07, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- Thomas D. SzewcWhat makes you happier longer? Watching a good film with family/friends or a brand new article of clothing from a designer? (by Ginpu)I'd say the film. I love sharing movies with people I care about. It's one of my favorite things to do!0 likes0 hitsAug 07, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- The more the merrier! I'm very late to the party anyway...0 likes0 hitsAug 07, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- Nope, I think it's yummy :) Sorry you can't enjoy it.0 likes0 hitsAug 07, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- Thomas D. SzewcHow do you manage to fall asleep? Counting sheep? Warm milk? Meditation? Taking enough drugs to knock out an elephant? (by Ginpu)Usually I just fall right asleep. If that doesn't work, I end up just saying prayers. That helps.0 likes0 hitsAug 07, 2012 | Thomas D. Szewc of Alone in a Crowd
- T IIIEnough of /your/ nonsense. *knocks Brencord away* Hello my little ponies! Let's make today a bit more interesting, shall we~? Everypony and everything must move /backwards/, whether it walks, runs, crawls, rolls, floats, flies, or ANYTHING. Have fun~! (by SweetChaos)Ponies? O_o1 likes1 hitsMay 04, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Nothing that I consider a talent. Apparently I have a story for everything.1 likes1 hitsMay 03, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Hopefully a little more financially secure than I am right now. I guess I'll have a few more titles to my name, and I'd like to have expanded angelKat some. Hopefully in 10 years time all of my hard work will have paid off. I don't care about wealth- I'd just like to be comfortable, living with my other half and perhaps be a dad.1 likes1 hitsMay 03, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Chemistry is important in many ways, but without communication a relationship is doomed to fail no matter how much chemistry there is.1 likes2 hitsMay 03, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Lego or my AT-AT. Though I used to take a Rupert Bear teddy with me everywhere as a little kid. It's one of the few toys that are still kept on a shelf in my bedroom... There's also a couple of pokemon and Gaffer from the Tetley Tea folk.1 likes0 hitsMay 03, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Hm, I used to play a few instruments, I was never especially good at any of them. Instruments I've played inc. Bass guitar, piano, guitar, woodwind flute, and accordion. I'd love to master a few of those, or perhaps the saxophone.1 likes1 hitsMay 03, 2012 | T III of Fera
- Pocket watch.1 likes2 hitsMay 03, 2012 | T III of Fera
- T IIIThis day, 4/20, should be the day that smokers should QUIT smoking instead of celebrating it, dontcha think? (by IAmDaBlitz)I had to look this up to find out what the hell you were talking about. By smoking, I'm guessing you mean tobacco, which has nothing to do with this 4/20 thing.
Personally I think the idea of having a day to celebrate smoking illegal substances OR a day to encourage people to quit smoking/eat healthily etc. is stupid and in the case of the latter two also rather condescending.
Whilst I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs, I can't really see the point in having a day dedicated to telling people who already know the dangers of what they're doing, about the dangers of what they're doing. It's not really enough to give them any drive to actually quit smoking- it's a personal choice and so long as they're aware of the risks they should have the freedom to choose to ignore them.
And let's be honest we already have a day that's dedicated to binge drinking. So why not another day dedicated to people making a complete arse out of themselves.1 likes1 hitsApr 20, 2012 | T III of Fera