- I don't know. How can adults dressing up as Batman not be interesting?0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Strawberry.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- I just don't find it funny anymore. I guess I still like the first few seasons. Peter's random stupidity has become predictable, Chris and Meg just aren't interesting enough to be funny, and Lois was never funny. I think Stewie is really the only smart or original aspect of the show. I'd like it more if the show centered around him. Brian is alright when he is in storylines with Stewie but he usually comes off as a Mary-Sue character for Seth McFarlane.
Also, I find the fact that Seth McFarlane is lucky enough to get three different shows on television and chooses to make them all slight variations of the same non-idea really frustrating.
No offense to you if you like it though. I know that I used to like it a lot more than I'd like to admit.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- What?0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Ramona Flowers...? But if you're talking about superheroes then... Catwoman?0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Yes. Definitely. Most of my brother's friends are girls.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiTo get to the other side. You ultimately get to the other side by going both ways but why does he choose the field? (by AndrewKwan117)...What?0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- From Wiktionary...
friendship (countable and uncountable; plural friendships)
1. (uncountable) The condition of being friends.
2. (countable) A friendly relationship.
3. (uncountable) Good will.
I like "the condition of being friends". I really value the "condition of being friends" that we share.0 likes0 hitsAug 18, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- No, if you tried to trap me in a sack then I would not be good. I don't like being trapped in sacks.0 likes0 hitsJun 10, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiWhat really bad television have you found yourself unexplainably addicted to? (by ComicsPeriod22)I don't know. I used to like Family Guy. I don't anymore. Smallville is fun to watch just because it's ridiculous. I wouldn't say that I get addicted to watching bad television though.0 likes0 hitsMay 29, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- I live in the future with jet-packs.0 likes0 hitsMay 29, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Joseph Gordon Levitt! But seriously? I can't really think of anyone.1 likes3 hitsMay 22, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- I don't know... Anyone written by Frank Miller I guess?0 likes1 hitsMay 22, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.0 likes1 hitsMay 11, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiAs a convention-ee (one behind the table at a convention) what items do you find necessary to bring to a convention? (Display items, merchandise & freebies) As a con-goer, what items do you want to see from convention-ees? (by angelkat)I've never been an exhibitor at a convention so I couldn't really answer that part. As a con goer... I guess I just want to see the exhibitor's books or whatever else it is they have. I don't think that there are any "items" that an exhibitor needs to have besides a good book.0 likes1 hitsMay 11, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Art and Story! (http://artandstorypodcast.com ) Although I also really like Comics Are Great (http://comicsaregreat.com), a> Webcomics Weekly (http://ww.libsyn.com/), and The Judge John Hodgman Podcast (http://maximumfun.org/shows/j udge-john-hodgman) which is the only one that has nothing to do with comics.0 likes0 hitsMay 11, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim Laiif you click "ask your followers" to this question, you can find out who follows you (by maxhuffman)I guess?0 likes0 hitsMay 01, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- That depends on what kind of music I'm listening to, doesn't it? I usually just think about whatever the lyrics are referring to if I can figure out what they are referring to. Sometimes I'll relate the themes in a song back to whatever comic project I'm thinking about or working on.1 likes0 hitsApr 22, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiCan you please give me a great muffin recipe? And this isn't one of those questions you ask of everyone, just you Tim... just your fantastic, delicious, ... irresistible muffin recipe.Unfortunately, if you are interested in muffin recipies then you have come to the wrong place. I am better at eating muffins than I am at baking them. I don't actually recall mentioning an irresistible muffin recepie. I will refer you to my awesome sister who makes awesome muffins: http://www.formspring.me/JenL ai She'll hook you up.0 likes0 hitsMar 24, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- In the future, if enough people are interested in buying them to justify the cost, then sure. I would love to have one myself but I can't just make them for you and me.0 likes0 hitsMar 24, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Scott Pilgrim or Spongebob or Blu from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. It's hard to choose.0 likes0 hitsMar 24, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- I would love to! I'm only looking into doing shows in Toronto right now though. I'm on the waiting list for TCAF right now. I should find out if I got in by the end of the month. I'll probably get a table at Fan Expo though so yeah. Thanks for your interest! I didn't realize that anyone actually wanted to see me at a convention. :D0 likes0 hitsMar 24, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Hopefully sometime this year. I was going to try to have a book ready for TCAF if I got in but it doesn't look like that's going to happen since I just don't have the content ready yet. It looks like I should be able to have a book ready for Fan Expo which is in late august though. Thanks for the interest! I didn't realize anyone actually wanted one.0 likes0 hitsMar 24, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiIf the Internet and TV didn't exist, what would you spend most of your time doing? (by Formspring)Drawing and reading probably. I do those already but I would do them more since there would be less distractions. Damn you Internet and TV.0 likes0 hitsFeb 28, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- I think my 12 year old self would be happy about the fact that I got a webcomic online and about the fact that I've fleshed out the graphic novel idea that I came up with when I was 12. I was 12 five years ago though so it wasn't really that long ago.0 likes0 hitsFeb 28, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiOk so I have a crush on U.. I made a profile at this site www.bit.ly/gYp49P?623171756 go there sign up and search for timlai and guess who I amHa! Nice try. I don't know anyone who has a crush on me. :'(0 likes0 hitsFeb 15, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Hypocritical moral superiority, which is why I'm morally superior to you.1 likes1 hitsFeb 09, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- It's so hard to choose. I guess if I could get a commision from any artist I'd love a Bryan Lee O'malley original of the cast of Scott Pilgrim.1 likes0 hitsFeb 02, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- The same things I always do. I don't leave home very often as it is.1 likes0 hitsFeb 02, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiClarification: EYE don't think Superman is "boring." He's my favorite character of all time. I just wonder why you might? (by ComicsPeriod22)Different people like different things. I prefer characters who are either more flawed or less powerful. That's just a personal bias. It doesn't mean he can't be an interesting character to a lot of other people.1 likes0 hitsJan 26, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- In all fairness I haven't read/watched enough superman stories to say. But from what I have seen, the guy has every power ever which means that he needs to fight someone who has more than every power ever or just happens to have kryptonite which should be hard to find but isn't apparently. The guy doesn't seem to have a lot of personal flaws either. He always seems like the perfect role model to me. I don't care about characters who I can't relate to in some manner.1 likes0 hitsJan 26, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- I don't know. I haven't felt it yet.1 likes0 hitsJan 26, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Maybe? Am I completely?1 likes0 hitsJan 26, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiIf you had to give up one of your five senses, which one would you choose? (by ComicsPeriod22)I don't know. Touch? I don't need that too badly do I? Smell? Definitely not sight. If I couldn't see my whole wold wouldn't make sense anymore for obvious reasons.1 likes0 hitsJan 26, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiIs there one item that has been with you since childhood that, for whatever reason, you have been unable to part with? The item could be an actual object or something more abstract if you prefer. (by angelkat)I'm 17 and I still live with my parents. So... everything? I guess the first thing that comes to mind is my stuffed bear.1 likes0 hitsJan 19, 2011 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiSince Hallowe'en is almost upon us- what is your favourite horror film and/or monster? (by angelkat)I guess that would depend a bit on what you would consider a horror film but my favourite horror films are Coraline, Gremlins, and Beetlejuice. I like horror films when they're also somewhat funny. I have no use for movies like Saw.0 likes0 hitsOct 24, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- I don't know. I don't really think there's much of a secret to it. If you follow more people yourself you will generally get more followers. Putting a Twitter button on your site and having conversations with other users are good ways to let people know you're on Twitter. Besides that the only way to get more followers is to get people to have an interest in following you which is a much broader question. You already have a much larger fanbase than me so you should have more followers than I do.0 likes1 hitsOct 14, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiWould you kiss someone of the opposite gender/sex, of what you are attracted to, for (a) Science (b) Art (c) a Favor (d) a Dare? If you are attracted to all: N/A. (by fesworks)I think I would have to know the context in which I have to kiss this guy. If it's for science, what kind of science experiment is this? If it's for art, what kind of art is it? Is this a good looking guy? I think the answer would depend on the circumstances.0 likes0 hitsOct 14, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Is there not a way for you to see who I'm following? Formspring should totally get on that. I basically just follow cartoonists. A lot of cartoonists. I would list them but like i said there are a lot.0 likes0 hitsOct 14, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiIf you woke up one day to discover that you had switched genders over night (call it magic, curse, mad science gone wrong)... with no idea if this change is permanent or not. Honestly- what would your first thought and reaction be? (by angelkat)I imagine my first thought would be, "why am I a girl?"0 likes0 hitsOct 14, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Chinese. Because I'm half chinese and if I could speak Chinese then I could trick people into thinking that I'm full Chinese and that I can't speak english.1 likes0 hitsAug 07, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Technically it was making comics for Woody After Hours (http://woodyafterhours.com).< /a> I can't believe that I got the most awesome first paying job ever.0 likes0 hitsAug 07, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiWas there one specific moment or event that inspired you to do what you do? Or was it something that you simply "fell into"? (by angelkat)I'm assuming that you mean comics? I don't think there was any specific moment but I wouldn't exactly say that I "fell into it" either. When I was a kid I knew I wanted to either be an artist, a writer, or a comedian before I could draw, write, or tell a joke. So naturally I gravitated towards comics.
However, I'm kinda embarrassed about this but the first thing that really pushed me to make comics was the "Captain Underpants" books. If you're not familiar with them they're about two kids who make comics about a superhero who literally wears nothing but underpants. For some reason, as an seven year old boy, this is a hilarious concept.
In one of the books they had a "how to make your own comics" section. This inspired me and my brother to start making our own Captain Underpants comics with pencil crayons and staple them together. Eventually we started to make comics about our own characters who were mostly animals that were also superheroes. So I guess that's my big moment of inspiration that turned my life around: reading Captain Underpants.1 likes0 hitsAug 07, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- No I'm a half CHINESE kid with something in his eye and a broken finger. Except I don't have a broken finger.0 likes0 hitsMar 14, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- I do.0 likes0 hitsMar 14, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Yes. Most of the time. But it depends on the sauce that is on them.0 likes0 hitsMar 14, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- What? No.0 likes0 hitsFeb 19, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.
- Tim LaiDid you ever have a lemonade stand as a kid, and did your mom make you let your sister participate? (by paulwestover)No. Ironically I never had a lemonade stand as a kid. And if I did I would most likely have let my sister participate in it anyway. Lemon Inc. started with the idea of kids running a business and taking it really seriously. I decided to use a lemonade stand because it's an iconic business that kids run.0 likes0 hitsFeb 19, 2010 | Tim Lai of Lemon Inc.